Q'uellar d'Kor'ali
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Kor'ali

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drow Immersion help wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Olor'tyrr

Olor'tyrr

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Drow Immersion help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Okay, this is sort of an odd topic to write as I've no idea what I do expect to come off it, but perhaps a few new ideas and such to put to creative use.

I'm currently working on a Drow Bazaar for Hari, that will be included into the Residental Quarter of Szith. The area will be known as the Green Mushroom Mercantile, a luxurious place for drow to buy the exotic items you typically expect to see in an underdark setting. No items will be "overboard", but balanced or even of little use, as I see the Roleplay Immersion as the best things for items, not their abilities (plus, it leaves more place for crafting enchantments).

I've however run out of ideas for said items, and with some small hope, I just shoot the question out there. Since I've around 50+ custommade items tailored for the drow with their own stories attached to them already, I'm mostly interested in:

* Odd ideas, or must have drow items. (The classics like the Hand Spinneret are however already in)

* Suggestions as to what is generally lacking to have a complete item base in the underdark. No bastard swords exist? Wanting to have some decent hide armour? "Anything" that feels like it's sorely lacking, and that fits drow lore.

* Specific item ideas, preferrably to help out the weaker or unfavored classes in the game (Warlock, Barbarian classitems etc.)

That's it, hope to see some nice ideas out there, before I turn this longwanted refreshment in to Hari for implementation. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:31 pm

There's better be a snake-headed whip : )

How about some armors that look drowy...take your basic 8 AC Full Plate and make it look like something a drow fighter would actually wear.

A skimpy-lookin' mithral chain shirt would also be nice to see for sale somewhere...houses have mithral full plates, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that a lesser chain shirt would be for sale publicly. Mithral chain shirts already drop, I have a couple, so it wouldn't be overboard at all, I'm just concerned about the looks.

How about some decent piwafi that look tastefully dark black/red/purple ? Unlike the two that are for sale right now...don't really care about the stats, could be as simple as the cloak of fortification +2 that's for sale right now.
Back to top Go down
Boneskn
Faern

Number of posts : 67
Quotes : Amil'air, Virak, Gorion
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Different clothing items. What is a drow city when all the drow look the same? And drow don't walk around in full plate all the time. When not out on patrol or dangerous house business most drow would wear clothing, from little enchantment to enchanted to function similarly to armor at need.

Wine, spirits, beer... basically booze! A fine selection of underdark liqour.
Other mind altering substances for those who can convince the merchants to sell to them.

Fine weapons of base materials for enchanting purposes.

Also:
Speaking of Piwafwi, the greater piwafwi cloak in Szith doesn't even have a hide bonus on it. So a dark looking Piwafwi with closer to rp stats.

And mage robes! Some mage robes of various types would be nice.

Also, some mage rings, I see that Szith has Clerical rings (the ring that gives an extra level 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, divine spell) but no equivalent mage rings. Equality among the classes please!
Back to top Go down
IsaacSlayn
Qu'el'saruk
Qu'el'saruk
IsaacSlayn

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 pm

More outfits with hatsss!!
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

Boneskn wrote:
Also, some mage rings, I see that Szith has Clerical rings (the ring that gives an extra level 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, divine spell) but no equivalent mage rings. Equality among the classes please!
A sorciere merchant has those for wizards and sorcerors.
Back to top Go down
Olor'tyrr

Olor'tyrr

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Ansient wrote:
There's better be a snake-headed whip : )

Yeah, I would love that and I've tried a multitude of ways since there isn't such a base weapon, including maces with the "flame lash" spell and such, but I just can't get it to work good enough.

Thanks for the ideas thus far, I'll see what is possible, and it helps out alot to know what is usually lacking and what people usually wear (such as fullplates). I've another question for you people btw:

Is there anything in the Kor'ali ingame history, that could merit items being sold with a story related to the house?

An example could be a particular weapon developed by the house assassins, that became so popular that with time, copies started to show up in every house. I think it would be a nice idea to get the houses on print into the world, to further spread their name around.
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Perhaps an adamantine morningstar with some mild color effect...best I can think of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drow Immersion help wanted   Drow Immersion help wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Drow Immersion help wanted
Page 1 of 1