Q'uellar d'Kor'ali
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Kor'ali

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Faild Raid.

Go down 
+2
Boneskn
Hades
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hades
Elghinn Velve
Elghinn Velve
Hades

Male Number of posts : 237
Self-proclaimed Title : Ilharess
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Recently a large group of Kor'ali ventured to the surface. Their target was an Inn along the west coast where they would send a message written in blood to the surface. While en route they were beset apon by an army of surface trolls. They also encountered somewhere around ten or eleven surfacers, which were quickly killed. They made it to the Inn with minimal difficulty.

Once inside, they slaughtered the patrons and shortly after a large force of surfacers (10 or more lvl 30's) forced their way inside. After a long fight the surfacers managed to force the Kor'ali soldiers back underground, taking Anarding prisoner.

((The event was scheduled with Mr. Otyugh and was intended to be against npcs instead of pc's. However durring the journey there we encountered and killed many that ended up comming back with epics. When they entered, we killed most of them but we forced to restart because not everyone could set hostile. We restarted the battle, but did not get to rest, so we had no powerful spells left and they killed us. It wasnt any fualt of the DM it was just bad luck because he crashed at an innopprotune time that brought some chaos with it.

It was a fun event, even though it was botched a bit. The next one we reschedule will be planned out better ICly and OOCly. Mr O and I will work together to make it so that this type of stuff wont happen again. We will try to get DM Blight to help too. The next one will be in a few weeks, so we can take a break to plan it out better. Hope you guys had fun even though we lost for once and dont worry, revenge will be sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boneskn
Faern

Number of posts : 67
Quotes : Amil'air, Virak, Gorion
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Server #2 is there if you want to have just an event vs npcs...
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 10:42 pm

((
Quote :
It was a fun event, even though it was botched a bit.
I admire your optimism, but it was what I would characterize as a very ANTI-fun event, the results of which were also entirely not IC as far as I'm concerned.

Getting there was a total drag, and the ridiculously botched fight was unforgivably bad to the extent that anyone who took the result seriously is full of shit. I had no fun at all during the entire raid and in fact was pretty pissed _before_ the unexpectedly ridiculous encounter even started.

This next raid that's being planned will probably go better, but my patience with surface events is exhausted. For the foreseeable future I will not be participating in any surface events unless it's with Fjorn and the Coven is involved.

I will be sticking to stuff around Szith, Q'os, the Coven, and helping people level, all things which are far more enjoyable for me.

Please don't invite me to anything on the surface. Istinid can always port you to Somoan Hills, just takes me a few minutes, but that's as far as I go.

Last edited by Ansient on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boneskn
Faern

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 10:59 pm

ouch, sounds like I missed a brutal event. From your description it sounds like more of the same surfacer bullshit and metagaming.

Actually, with all the tensions between luna temple and the surfacer bitches, we should set up a war between them and then attack them in the middle of it. Lets make some surface raids under the Lunar temple banner Razz

(removed some of the hostility, I was in a *really* bad mood when I posted that lol)

Last edited by Boneskn on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 pm

No that's not how it went down at all and everything in your post is off the mark. I'm not blaming any surfacers for what they did. The DM crashed at the exact wrong time, the fight going badly wasn't his nor anyone's fault. It was just a typical PvP screw-up.

The fault is with anyone who takes the result seriously: no result was properly IC, and the whole encounter should have either been re-done from scratch or canceled.

One thing was the fault of the DM: Making everyone walk from Q'os, which as usual was a terrible experience. I should have bailed as soon as I found out that's what we were doing, the sole reason I didn't is because of my great respect for Hades and not wanting to let him down.

Well, that respect is as strong as ever and I quite admire his spirit in trying to turn lemons into lemonade with his post here, but personally I cannot consider there to have been an IC result from this.

More importantly, my patience with taking a drow to the surface is exhausted. I've done it thrice here: the first time was with Naeradil and Viz, and pretty meh. Got no real complaints, but didn't particularly enjoy myself and would have preferred staying in Szith. The second time was pretty good if a little long, but it seemed everyone involved had fun....then a day later when the story was posted some uninvolved surface players and DMs went nuts about it. Then there was this third time just now, so things have gotten progressively worse. I'm done taking Istinid to the surface for these types of events, and Fjorn will only participate in Coven activities, preferably ones that do not involve drow traversing the surface.

(the keep is ok, that's private, and Vendel and I have decided that anyone unaffiliated with the Coven who enter are not really there IC, because IC the gate should be bared to them except during DMed events. For OOC fairness they're welcome to use the grind spot if they really want, it just won't be IC)
Back to top Go down
Olor'tyrr

Olor'tyrr

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 4:45 am

Why do we even go to the surface? for the PvP?

I think efforts should be laid on underdark events, and I still haven't heard nor seen any council summoning for one, any changes to the UD politics, well, nothing. We gain nothing from attacking the surface, nothing. We should build up the UD community instead of giving the epics an arena to try out all their cool grinding efforts.

From Ansient this sounds like a terrible raid, and I've been on another such raid where the downed surfacers just came back with epics, and it was totally wasted. Even the very idea of a raid seemed wasted. There are alot of things the UD could be worked upon, instead of meaningless things such as this, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Hades
Elghinn Velve
Elghinn Velve
Hades

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Well I have to agree in that we should focus more on UD events. Ive been trying to get things going on the surface for several reasons, let me list them for you so you all understand Very Happy

1: Change of scenery
2: Different style of rp when sneaking in enemy territory
3: To let the ooc bullshit with Szith blow over
4: To improve favor with Lolth
5: (Some of Vorne's hidden objectives)

After this recent one though, I will be holding back from the surface for the time being. I am working with Mr O to create a surface event in the future and we will be sure to plan everything out so that these problems dont occure. The use of server 2 sounds great. I will look into that for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tebree Torrett

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 am

I was fortunate to be involved with Tebree
This was my first event/raid as a drow and I have to say it was an excellant experiance for me
I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect even being resoundedly thrashed by the SOTL
One thing it did throw up was my complete lack of co ordination in pvp and I appeal to any one if they can spare the time perhaps some training for me is needed
Of course if your quite happy with my fumblings with the hate/hostile stone then im good to go again

Good fun More of this please
Back to top Go down
Boneskn
Faern

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Switch to the player list, and use that to hostile every blue name that isn't kor'ali or in your group. Stone of hate is a pita.
Back to top Go down
Hades
Elghinn Velve
Elghinn Velve
Hades

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Thats what I did. Hell when we paused I already had everyone hostile.
Back to top Go down
DM_Blight

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Laughs as she reads, awe all the chaos, so beautiful, the hatred will fuel the blight
Back to top Go down
Hades
Elghinn Velve
Elghinn Velve
Hades

Faild Raid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faild Raid.   Faild Raid. EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:53 am

LMAO!
Back to top Go down